Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today's Obligatory Post

A member of our church died today...and I have nothing fresh to offer to the discussion of Methodism.
I'm just mourning the loss of someone who was in the process of becoming my friend. We got to first base...then it was rained out.
I only wish I had more time to grow to know her. But I'm happy with what I have of her memory. She told me only two weeks ago that I - never mind - it's not about me...goodbye friend to be.
I'll miss you, as will the many who have more reason to be left empty than I.
It's always sad to lose a member of a congregation...but even more difficult for those who can claim a personal, long-lasting relationship with the recently departed.
I pray for them. I pray for those who knew, intimately, what I only had a glimpse of.
Goodbye, dear Sister, and may God richly bless your eternal soul.
Humbly.....
Marty

No comments: