Healing Miracle #26Luke 22:47-51 (New International Version)
Jesus Arrested47While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48but Jesus asked him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"
49When Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, should we strike with our swords?" 50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.
- Who was the person in need? The servant of the high priest.
- What was the immediate, obvious need? Right ear cut off.
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing? Jesus.
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing? Not mentioned.
- What were the reactions to the healing? Not mentioned.
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need? His own desire to heal the man's ear as make a point to his disciples that if they live by the sword they will die by the sword.