Matthew 9: 18-19, 23-26 (New International Version)(See also Mark 5: 21-24, 35-43 and Luke 8:40-42, 49-56)
18While he was saying this, a ruler came and knelt before him and said, "My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live." 19Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples.
23When Jesus entered the ruler's house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, 24he said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him. 25After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up. 26News of this spread through all that region.
- Who was the person in need? Jairus' dying/deceased daughter.
- What was the immediate, obvious need? The daughter's dying condition.
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing? Jairus, the father.
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing? Jairus' faith.
- What were the reactions to the healing? News of this spread through the region.
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need? The faith of Jairus.