Mark 8:22-26 (New International Version)
The Healing of a Blind Man at Bethsaida22They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?"
24He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around."25Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26Jesus sent him home, saying, "Don't go into the village".
- Who was the person in need? The blind man.
- What was the immediate, obvious need? Blindness.
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing? The people who brought the blind man to Jesus.
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing? The people who brought the man.
- What were the reactions to the healing? Not mentioned.
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need? His compassion brought about by the pleadings of the people who brought the blind man for healing.