Matthew 9:27-31 (New International Version)
Jesus Heals Two Blind Men 27As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!"
28When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?"
"Yes, Lord," they replied.
29Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; 30and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this." 31But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.
- Who was the person in need? The two blind men.
- What was the immediate, obvious need? Blindness.
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing? The two blind men' pleadings.
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing? The faith of the blind men.
- What were the reactions to the healing? Although told not to, the blind men told everyone.
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need? Compassion?