(Note: Questions at the bottom do not always fit every gospel passage.)
Luke 8:42-48 (New International Version)(See also: Matthew 9: 20-22 and Mark 5: 24b-34)
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. 43And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. 44She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
45"Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."
46But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."
47Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. 48Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."
- Who was the person in need? The woman with the issue of blood
- What was the immediate, obvious need? The incurable issue of blood.
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing? The woman.
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing? The woman's faith healed her.
- What were the reactions to the healing? Not mentioned.
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need? Her faith.