Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thanks for your prayers

This week I "unofficially" began my appointment at my second church. I was briefly appointed as pastor of a dying UMC church that has moved to withdraw from the denomination. Their 8 regular attendees will move where the spirit moves them. I now pastor a church of 60 regular worshipers. I'm so moved by the love and acceptance of these worshipers.

I wish to thank all those who have prayed for me in this period of transition. I'm humbly acknowledging the hand of God in this situation, and the results of prayers as well. Awesome, simply awesome. This is a good church family to be associated with. I'm moved deeply to bring my best. Also moved deeply, to bring God's best. I pray that I may be a facilitator of both. Duh, isn't that what "pastor" is all about?

While this is a blog about healing, it isn't out of line to point out that this appointment is for me both a pastoral, and a healing, appointment. There is a great need for healing here. And I, with the grace of God, will facilitate that healing. But only by the grace of God. Please pray that healing and grace will abound. I have an unyielding faith. Isn't our God an awesome God?

No comments: