Monday, February 19, 2007

No Hype...Just Supplication

How does a genuine healing ministry separate itself from the flash and hype of the televangelists. Really, I ask. If you look at the televangelist roadshows you will see that they employ mass hypnosis methodologies. Music that goes on and on, with hypnotic beats and repititious praise songs (chants), to such a degree that anyone remotely influenced by the power of suggestion falls prey. What a shame.

True healing from our Lord, Jesus Christ, comes from proclaiming His name in the supplication of His intervention. These manipulators of the human condition are an utter disgrace. But, suffer the souls that are won to a following of Christ through these manipulators. I hurt for their blindness. I hurt for their wanting and need for something miraculous to enter their lives. To have them duped by zealots of capitalism makes me squirm.

Today I read of the manipulative techniques employed by the such. Today, I read of the self-serving evangelists who hold revivals only to gain riches at the expense of the lost, the hopeless, the ones looking for a divine answer to their prayers. Today, I saw the devil in the guise of evangelists.

I pray that our healing services are not percieved as such. We take no donations, no offerrings, none, whatsoever. It is the work of God that we seek, not the making of our next paycheck. May God richly bless all who call upon His name, through Jesus Christ, with the power of the Holy Spirit, for those afflicted. God bless all who seek Him through the intercession of His disciples.

Amen.

2 comments:

John Wesley said...

Dear and Gentle Reader,

Since I last had the pleasure of visiting ye, I have had many thoughts upon ye and your work in this, our online community. Keep hold the faith and continue to run the race! We will praise God for what he has done through your ministry and I cherish your willing spirit and compassion. The work of prayer and intercession is important in the building of God's holy kingdom.

Who knows but it may please God to make ye an instrument in His glorious work? In effecting an union among the labourers in His vineyard? That He may direct and bless you in all your steps is the prayer of my heart.

Your affectionate and obedient servant,
JW

Brother Marty said...

Dear John Wesley,
I thank you for indulging my pontifications regarding intercession and am gratified and comforted by your reflections. I pray you receive a welcoming spirit where your travels carry you.
Brother Marty