(Note: Questions at the bottom do not always fit every gospel passage.)
Mark 1:21-28 (New International Version)
Jesus Drives Out an Evil Spirit21They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an evil[a] spirit cried out, 24"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"
25"Be quiet!" said Jesus sternly. "Come out of him!" 26The evil spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.
27The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him." 28News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.
- Who was the person in need?
- What was the immediate, obvious need?
- Who took the initiative in effecting the healing?
- How and by whom was faith involved in this healing?
- What were the reactions to the healing?
- What led Jesus to minister healing to the person in need?