Monday, July 28, 2008

Revival Preaching

Prior to last night I'd never preached at a revival service. I had prepared and studied my sermon for days. I prayed and prayed that God would speak through me what he wanted those in attendance (as well as myself) to hear. Of the six pages of prepared text, all that I used was the scripture. After reading Acts 2, nothing else I'd prepared came out of my mouth! God revealed what he wanted us all to know: When we say that we're not worthy of the gifts of the Holy Spirit...we are living a lie! We say we're not worthy when we're actually saying "I'm not willing".

This revelation cracked open the hard shell that our souls keep tightly bound around the indwelling Holy Spirit. Realizing this, we open our minds to the realization that God is never finished with us. He wants us to open our hearts, minds and souls to the abundance that comes from loving Him with all that is in us. The more we open up to Him, the more His Holy Spirit works through us.

I've been so blind for so long, I pray that now I can stop living the lie of unworthiness, and start living a life of willingness. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments: