Thursday, August 02, 2007

Gets "Smelly" When Asking for Money

I could and would buy into the ministries of those who offer the gift of healing if they only didn't ask for donations, love offerings, MONEY, in exchange for the loving mercies of Christ's healing power. Starts to kinda...stink...when money gets involved.

I've encountered some who have the genuine gift, but it somewhat spoils when they offer personal prayer...for a price. Kind of seems as if they are preying upon those willing to do anything for a fleeting grasp of hope. Am I the only one who sees these tactics as manipulative and capitalistic, first, and seeking to do kingdom work second? Just my perspective.

I've often thought about quitting the "working for a living" routine in exchange for doing The Lord's work and trusting that He will provide. As it relates to the healing ministry, I don't think I'm there yet. Maybe someday, but not yet. Something about mortgages, gas for the car, and all those other worldly expenses that make me just say NO to hanging a "healing" shingle. At this point in my life I'm afraid I'd be tempted to ask for money. Ain't going there!

When the time is right...in The Lord's time...I'll go there. He isn't moving me there yet. When it happens, I'll gladly sacrifice security for prosperity in love and healing...till then, I'm at His beck and call without me asking for financial security.

This may seem an offbeat perspective for a servant seemingly anointed with a gift from God, but I have to trust that God will lead me to where I need to be in His kingdom, in His time and for His purpose. Who knows...tomorrow I may sell my business and give it all to God. Till that happens, I'll work by day, heal by night, and be open to the call to rethink my perspective.

I'd suggest that God challenges me daily to ask..."is today the day?". I'd further suggest that His honing my spirit in this way makes me further committed, day by day, to be drawn closer to His ministry for me. Frankly, doing the business thing while being overwhelmed by a fast or day of prayer is, indeed, making me more and more ready to accept a full time calling. I look forward to the day when I'm totally committed to being His tool. Again, till then, I'm like a marine in boot camp. Getting ready to face the enemy with full armor, but not out of boot camp...yet.

3 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Dear Bro. Marty,

Thank you for commenting on my blog. My Grandma is Methodist, my other Grandmother is Catholic - they have taught me to love people of all faiths...

Your comments were very kind, and I am greatful to know that my words did not offend you. I was quite nervous to post something like that on any of my blogs, as I do not wish to offend, but I felt that I should share my feelings and thoughts so that others might understand where those of my faith are, well, coming from.

I wish you God-speed and wellness. May the Lord bless you in your ministry.

:) Texasblu

Brother Marty said...

Thanks Texasblu for your kind words.

Art said...

Marty, I totally agree about the money business.