Monday, December 22, 2008

A Praise Report That Blew Me Away

Just as we were beginning to start Sunday School yesterday a member of the class got up -interrupting the class - and gave the following narrative:

"I saw David Pitts Wednesday and I asked him how he was doing.  I hadn't seen him since we buried his father October 30th.  He said he was fine and then told me that his grandson went to the doctor for more tests the day before.  He has a blood problem like hemophelia.  Well, he said that the doctor asked his parents what was going on...this is the best test ever!  The father said that he knew what happened.  When they were at the eating after the funeral the pastor there asked if he could pray for the boy.  He prayed for him and since then he hasn't even had one bruise!  The doctor said that he'll be happy with medicine and miracles wherever they come from.  
Folks, he said that that boy doesn't take to strangers well.  He said that at the visitation he was fascinated with Brother Marty.  He went up to him and wanted to be held by him.  Brother Marty told the proud grandpaw that his little grandson will make a great running back somewhere, someday.  When he said that David told him...that ain't gonna happen with this boy...you see...he was born with a blood disorder.  He can't play like other kids.  He bruises easily and cuts don't heal well at all.  Then the next day after the funeral Brother Marty asked his mom and dad if he could pray over the boy...he told them that it certainly couldn't hurt...so they said okay.  Brothers and sisters...God is not out of the miracle business...and Brother Marty.....what can I say....them folks are moving to the area in about a month and I know where they're going to go to church.  God bless you, Brother Marty."

The very moment he told this to the class (half of the congregation) I was overwhelmed and started trying to stop the tears of joy that were streaming down my face.  All I could do is sit there saying "Praise God, Praise God, Praise God."  A woman from a few pews back came up and gave me a paper towel - with tears flowing down her cheeks.  I looked around and there wasn't a dry eye in the room.  They started with the lesson but I couldn't focus on anything other than praising God...so I left for my office to try to regain my composure for the service that would begin 45 minutes later.  

I get personal praise reports from individual whom I pray for from time to time.  But this one came from right field.  Like it says in the title of this blog, we need to shout it from the highest peaks that God is not out of the miracle business.

No comments: