Sunday, January 06, 2008

Gifts Given.

I can't explain why God does what he does through me...why me...why me?
I dare not resist what he wants from me...dare me...dare me.
He puts in my path those needing His mercy.
He wells up my eyes, I bow and I curtsy,
Why does He do what he does through me...why me...why me?


Responding to Him, I reach out and touch.
Responding to Him, His agenda is much.
I become all about Him.
On purpose, not a whim,
Responding to Him, I reach out and touch.

A woman was sick, with hemorrhage and pain.
God said "Hold her...her life's not in vain".
She called me to say....
It all went away...
He does it again...and again...and again.

------------
Last Monday at our New Year's Eve vigil, a woman in our church confided in our pastor that she was suffering from hemorrhaging and pain. She was planning on going to the doctor's office the next day. Pastor said we should hold a brief healing service for her after the service. I approached her and asked if she would be willing to stay for healing prayer. She said that she was feeling very sick and had to go home as quickly as possible. All of a sudden I was overwhelmed with the desire to pray for her and I asked her if I could pray for her right then and there. She said...."ok". I held her...prayed to God mentally, and when she wanted to break away I said..."Wait". As I held her a tear came to my eye. I was moved to kiss her cheek. I said, "It is done". That was that.

I called yesterday trying to speak to her husband about helping with moving some furniture. She said: "I'm healed...I don't need to go to the doctor. The problem went away. Thank you". WOW!!!

All glory and honor goes to God, our Father. Again, I say...why me?

If God chooses any of us to serve Him with the gifts he freely gives to us all, we should embrace those gifts, and act upon those gifts. Whether it be administration, healing, or any other gift, let us embrace those gifts and put them to work for His kingdom. I am just a humble, unworthy, servant. How do you answer God's calling for you? I, though unworthy, just show up, and leave the rest to Him.

No comments: